fees and charges (2013)
Challenger Institute of Technology charges a combination of a course fee and a resource fee, according to the VET Fees and Charges for Publicly Funded Registered Training Organisations and Programs.
- Tuition / Course Fees
- Resource Fees
- Access & Bridging Courses
- Other Fees
Note that there are options for Financial Assistance which may be worth looking into to provide support.
1. TUITION / COURSE FEES
The course fee is charged with a concession rate available. Under the tuition / course fee:
- Students pay a maximum of $626 a semester or $1,252 per year.
- Concession* students pay a maximum of $313 per semester or $626 per year.
Students who are eligible for *Concession rate include:
- Persons and dependants of persons holding
- A pensioner concession card
- A repatriation health benefits card issued by the Department of Veteran's affairs
- A health care card
- Persons and dependants of persons in receipt of Youth allowance
- Persons and dependants in receipt of AUSTUDY and ABSTUDY
- Persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
- Persons who have reached the age of 15 but who have not reached 18 years of age, and who are not due to reach 18 years of age in the calendar year for which they enrol (that is, for study in 2013, year of birth must be 1996, 1997 or 1998). Students 15-17 years will be required to produce either their Birth Certificate or Passport for proof of age.
Note: Proof of eligibility is required be presented during enrolments for a concessional rate.
2. RESOURCE FEES
The resource fee covers materials purchased by Challenger Institute to be consumed or transformed by students in the course of instruction. The resource fee also covers internet charges and other services utilised by the students in the course of instruction.
Any equipment that will be retained by the student as his or her own personal property must be purchased separately by the student. Resource fees can vary from $50 to $3,000 according to the course a student is enrolled in. Please speak to your lecturer or enrolling officer to find out the fees that are applicable to your course or click here for more information.
Download Resource Fees for Semester 2, 2013
3. ACCESS & BRIDGING COURSES
Students enrolling in access and bridging courses:
- Pay a flat fee of $25 per semester; and
- May pay a resource fee
4. OTHER FEES
In addition to the fees outlined above, Challenger Institute may levy other fees to recover the cost of other items and services provided (for example, parking and security passes).
Fees payable are the total of the components shown above (eg. tuition fee, resource fees and other fees). Fees are paid by the semester and must be paid at the time of enrolling, unless the student qualifies for a fees instalment plan. The majority of full time fees fall between $450 and $1,000 per semester.
Some Challenger Institute courses (eg. commercial and international) have a different fee structure to that described above. If you fall into that specific category, you need to speak to one of our enrolling officers for further enrolment instructions. Students do not pay HECS fees.