DISCOVER EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
We are proud of our diverse workforce and we ensure all our employees have the opportunity to maximise their potential.
Our commitment is towards having a workforce reflecting the diverse communities we work in, which means we endeavour to attract and retain indigenous people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds or those with disabilities.
Work arrangements vary across the Institute’s industrial agreements. The following listed items are some of the agreement entitlements and additional Institute benefits available;
- 4 weeks annual leave per year
- 2 weeks Accrued Days Off per year (Non-lecturers only)
- 4 weeks professional leave per year (Lecturers only)
- Long Service Leave after 7 years continuous service
- 3 weeks paid personal leave, including carers
- Paid study leave for approved courses
- Purchased leave (up to 10 additional weeks)
- Deferred salary scheme (where you structure your salary to work for four years at 80% of your normal salary and take the fifth year off with 80% of your normal salary)
- Salary packaging options (such as laptop computers, novated car leases or voluntary superannuation contributions)
- A variety of career development and training opportunities
- An employer superannuation contribution of 9% (Government Employees Superannuation Board)
- Graduated salary increments
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Social club
- Free staff parking at most campuses
Most employees at the Institute will be employed under the Western Australian TAFE Lecturers’ General Agreement or the Public Service and Government Officers General Agreement 2011.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
There are initiatives in place to encourage movement amongst our business areas to increase the breadth of knowledge for employees, including the opportunity to transfer internally and short term developmental opportunities (Expressions of Interest) in a variety of different positions.
This fluidity provides staff with opportunities to develop a varied career within our organisation, with a huge range of different roles, locations, responsibilities and career opportunities available to staff members during their journey at Challenger Institute.
There are many ways to develop your career at the Institute.
As one of the larger public sector organisations in WA, we provide all staff with a range of learning and development opportunities through a number of pathways as part of our People Development Framework.
This means staff are given an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to advance their career through Challenger Institute financed training, classes and courses.
- Employment Opportunities Overview
- Discover Employee Benefits
- View Current Vacancies
- The Process After You've Applied